UK Weekly Top 10 Movies!
Welcome to the weekly cinema chart. All you need to know what is hitting big at the Cinema. This summer has been dominated by the blockbuster that is Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. What film will it take to beat it off the top spot? Here is the chart up to Sunday 19th August 2012:
1. Brave, £5,269,402 : Total: £8,270,546
2. The Bourne Legacy, £4,620,289 (New)
3. Ted, £2,076,04:. Total: £22,186,549
4. The Expendables 2, £1,985,082 (New)
5. The Dark Knight Rises, £1,506,178: Total: £49,776,391
6. Ek Tha Tiger, £543,073 (New)
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, £459,526: Total: £5,229,266
8. Ice Age 4: Continental Drift, £350,788 :Total: £27,603,587
9. Step Up 4: Miami Heat, £340,072: Total: £1,797,048
10. The Wedding Video, £333,079 (New)
There are some children’s films in the Top Ten for this week. Brave is the story of a young Scottish girl living in the Highlands and wishes to be a warrior. It is a Disney Pixar film so is expected to do well. Both this and The Bourne Legacy were released on a Monday, which is unusual for films. I believe distributors wanted to maximise the summer holiday audience. Ted is staying strong despite dropping to third place. The Expendables 2 has gone straight into fourth place. An action film for the summer. Batman is sitting at fifth place. This week a Bollywood film proved popular, with Eid being celebrated. Then it is the turn of the sequels for Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Ice Age and Step Up. They should keep the kids entertained! The Wedding Video is a British comedy about a man wanting to film his brother’s wedding and gives it to him and his bride as a present. What could possibly go wrong! Filled with a host of TV comedy actors, I’m sure it will raise a smile or two!
See you next week for more Top Ten Films!