UK Weekly Top 10 Movies!
Week ending 14th October 2012
Welcome back to the chart! This week has seen Taken 2 still holding the top spot and beating off any competition. Let us see how the rest of the chart is faring up this week!
1. Taken 2, £3,743,046: Total: £14,495,284
2. Hotel Transylvania, £1,734,231 (New)
3. Sinister, £1,259,405: Total: £3,698,363
4. Looper, £1,175,220: Total: £7,566,485
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, £397,869: Total:£1,546,290
6. Ruby Sparks, £299,382 (New)
7. On the Road, £218,738 (New)
8. ParaNorman, £212,810: Total: £5,617,162
9. The Campaign, £170,286: Total: £2,108,212
10. Untouchable, £144,432: Total: £1,301,345
The number 1 is still Taken 2, from all reports the storyline isn’t great but it is a decent film enough to pull in the audience. Number 2 sees a new release and a children’s film, Hotel Transylvania. The story of a vampire who creates a hotel for monsters and will not let his vampire daughter leave to see the outside world. No humans allowed! A human does turn up and falls in love with the vampire daughter. It looks funny and not just one for the children! Sinister is holding strong in the chart at number 3. I went to see the film. It was very jumpy! I do recommend! Number 4 also sees Looper holding its ground in the chart. Another good film! The Perks of Being a Wallflower is at number 5. It is a sweet film and charming to watch. Number 6 sees a new entry, Ruby Sparks, from the makers of Little Miss Sunshine. A cute looking love life film. On the Road is at number 7, the film version of the book of the same name by Jack Kerouac. The classic 1957 book was the inspiration for road trips and exploring one’s self throughout the late 1950s and beyond. ParaNorman drops slightly in the chart to number 8. I highly recommend. Comedy The Campaign is sitting still in the chart at number 9. The French film Untouchable drops slightly in the chart down to number 10.
That is your top ten films for this week. Until next time happy cinema viewing!
(Source The Guardian Online)