Welcome to the weekly cinema chart. All you need to know what is hitting big at the Cinema. This summer has been dominated by the blockbuster that is Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. What film will it take to beat it off the top spot? Here is the chart up to Sunday 19th August 2012:
1. Brave, £5,269,402 : Total: £8,270,546
2. The Bourne Legacy, £4,620,289 (New)
3. Ted, £2,076,04:. Total: £22,186,549
4. The Expendables 2, £1,985,082 (New)
5. The Dark Knight Rises, £1,506,178: Total: £49,776,391
6. Ek Tha Tiger, £543,073 (New)
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, £459,526: Total: £5,229,266
8. Ice Age 4: Continental Drift, £350,788 :Total: £27,603,587
9. Step Up 4: Miami Heat, £340,072: Total: £1,797,048
10. The Wedding Video, £333,079 (New)
There are some children’s films in the Top Ten for this week. Brave is the story of a young Scottish girl living in the Highlands and wishes to be a warrior. It is a Disney Pixar film so is expected to do well. Both this and The Bourne Legacy were released on a Monday, which is unusual for films. I believe distributors wanted to maximise the summer holiday audience. Ted is staying strong despite dropping to third place. The Expendables 2 has gone straight into fourth place. An action film for the summer. Batman is sitting at fifth place. This week a Bollywood film proved popular, with Eid being celebrated. Then it is the turn of the sequels for Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Ice Age and Step Up. They should keep the kids entertained! The Wedding Video is a British comedy about a man wanting to film his brother’s wedding and gives it to him and his bride as a present. What could possibly go wrong! Filled with a host of TV comedy actors, I’m sure it will raise a smile or two!
See you next week for more Top Ten Films!